Responsible Wood Sourcing Policy
Simbly is committed to the responsible use of forest resources, including the wood used in our furniture.
Simbly therefore will work with our suppliers on an ongoing basis to eliminate wood from unacceptable sources and to continue to source 100% of our wood from certified and recycled/reclaimed sources.
Simbly recognizes the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) as an important tool to promote responsible forest management. We have a preference for sourcing FSC-certified wood furniture when it meets our requirements. Currently, 100% of the wood used in our furniture is FSC certified.
Simbly is also firmly committed to avoiding wood from unacceptable sources, including:
- Illegally harvested or traded timber
- Timber harvested in violation of traditional or civil rights
- Timber harvested from areas in which high conservation values are threatened by poor forest management
- Timber harvested from areas being converted from forests to plantations or non-forest use
- Timber from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted
Through this Policy, Simbly seeks to set a positive example for our peers and to do our part to protect the world’s forests.
- Last Updated: August, 2020