The Simbly Bench is a timeless, minimalist design that works beautifully in a foyer or hallway or as a perfect complement to our tables. Its clean lines and visually striking curves make it a seating standout. We make it using sustainably harvested, FSC certified Appleply - a durable premium hardwood plywood renowned among architects, designers, and woodworkers for its lightweight strength and unique exposed edge that offers design contrast.
Available in Two Sizes:
- 69" - seats 3 adults: pairs with Simbly Dining Table
- 59" - seats 2 adults: pairs with Simbly Desk / Kitchen Table
Weight-Load Capacity: Both benches can hold up to 600 pounds
- Weight: 69" Bench - 28 lbs.
- Weight 59" Bench - 25 lbs.
- Sustainable Materials: FSC certified Appleply wood, a premium hardwood plywood
- Healthy Materials: We use formaldehyde-free, non-toxic adhesives and finishes
- Simple Assembly: Integrated locking mechanisms speedily secure everything in place
- Made in USA: Built at our factory outside Asheville, North Carolina
- Carbon Neutral: We offset the environmental impact of your order at checkout
- Plant a Tree: We plant one tree for every furniture item you purchase
- View Simbly Seating Configurations to pair with our tables and stool
- View Assembly Instructions
Created By Sustainable Furniture Pioneers:
Simbly founders Josh (CEO) and Christopher (Designer) share a longtime passion for modern sustainable furniture. Inc. Magazine named Josh's first furniture company, Vivavi, to its "Green 50" list of pioneering sustainable businesses in 2006. That same year, Christopher's sustainable furniture label, Material Furniture, was exhibited in the Cooper-Hewitt Museum's National Design Triennial, showcasing the best contemporary design in America.
Now the two have teamed up to create beautiful, sustainably designed furniture and this time to become the first climate positive furniture company in the world.
Hi. I hope this won’t come off too negative. We have the table and 2 benches and truly appreciate the product and the philosophy behind it. But... there are a couple things that we’ve thought about since getting it: 1. The table height is a little low. I find myself hunching to relax/read with my elbows on the table or to eat while sitting on the bench. (Maybe it’s just me though : )) 2. The bench bows a little and wobbles when you sit on an end. Wish it was a little more solid feeling. But it’s NEVER fallen over. So happy about that! 3. Having the table a few inches wider would be nice. Not much... but just a few.
Hope that helps.
We love the bench! At first, we thought we might forego a bench in lieu of just chairs, but we are really glad we went for the bench (we are using one bench with chairs on the other side). It is beautiful, more comfortable than imagined, and pairs so well with the form of the Simbly dining table. It also is nice along a wall under a window and we even used it as a foot rest with our couch, but it serves best while feasting at the table. Bravo again!
The bench is awesome. It’s the perfect addition to our entrance way.
These benches are not only beautiful, but functional and comfortable.
Being so light weight makes them easy to move around our event space for different functions. When we aren’t using them, we can easily stow them away as-is, or disassemble with ease. The flat design takes up very little storage space, which was a huge selling point for us! We absolutely love the design of the Simbly benches with the Simbly table!