Simbly founders Josh (CEO) and Christopher (Designer) share a longtime passion for modern sustainable furniture. Inc. Magazine named Josh's first furniture company, Vivavi, to its "Green 50" list of trailblazing sustainable businesses in 2006. That same year, Christopher's sustainable furniture label, Material Furniture, was exhibited in the Cooper-Hewitt Museum's National Design Triennial, showcasing the best contemporary design in America.
Now the two have teamed up to create beautiful, sustainably designed furniture and this time to become the first climate positive furniture company in the world.
1. Sustainable Materials & Packaging:
- 100% of our wood comes from sustainable, FSC Certified forests.
- We use non-toxic, formaldehyde-free adhesives and finishes.
- Our packaging is compostable and made of 40-60% recycled materials.
2. Eco-Friendly Operations:
- We make our furniture in North Carolina, which shrinks the distance and, therefore, carbon emissions created when shipping to our customers compared to shipping from overseas factories.
- Our shipping boxes are nearly 80% smaller than pre-assembled furniture boxes, resulting in more space-efficient shipping and lower carbon emissions.
3. Carbon Neutral Practices:
- We offset the carbon footprint of every order. It's instantly calculated and paid for at checkout.
- We plant one tree for every product sold.
We offer free shipping and free 30-day returns on all products. Our furniture currently ships within 10 business days from our Asheville, NC factory. See shipping and returns details for conditions.